Saturday, February 6, 2016

True Match™ Lumi Cushion Foundation Review

Today I am reviewing the True Match™ Lumi Cushion Foundation, which is a new drugstore release.  Since cushion foundations are the new thing in drugstore makeup (even though they have been around in Asia for ages now), I was interested in trying one.  I've heard the Laneige BB Cushion carried at Target is pretty great, and it's on my list to check out too (let me know if you've tried it in the comments below!).

Claims from the L'Oreal Paris USA website:
  • Liquid Foundation
  • Fresh Luminous Finish
  • Buildable Coverage
  • Liquid Foundation revolutionized – a fresh luminous glow in a tap. Introducing new True Match Lumi Cushion. An innovative sponge drenched in liquid foundation. Tap a little for a fresh natural glow, tap on more to build a new level of luminous coverage.
  • Effortless Application, completely buildable, it’s your on-the-go coverage.
  • Formulated with Precise Match™ Technology to match your skin’s tone and texture
  • Finish: Fresh & Luminous
  • Coverage: Sheer to medium, buildable coverage
  • Skin Type: For all skin types. Safe for sensitive skin.
Shades:  12 Shades
Product Amount/Size:  0.52 ounces
Price:  $16.99 [CVS] [$15.99 - Target]

There are four shades in each shade range (cool, neutral, warm) and none of them are super dark, so that's a bummer.  I picked shade N2 [Classic Ivory] since the next shade up was N3.5 [Classic Buff] and I'm N3 [Natural Buff] in the regular True Match foundation.  N3 is slightly more my summer shade, but I can get away with it in winter {shade comparisons are below, as always}.  The True Match Lumi Cushion looked like it would be a good option for winter skin as well, so I was hoping the lighter shade would work.  I have combo skin but I do get more dry on my cheeks in the winter months.



The compact comes with a puff (almost like a powder puff) and includes quite a nice sized mirror inside the lid.  I decided to use a damp Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge {real full review here} instead of the puff.  When you tap your applicator in the sponge, you get quite a lot of product.  I only needed to go in about two or three times to cover my whole face.



This is defiantly light to medium coverage, which seems to be the norm for a cushion foundation.  It covers enough without looking heavy or cakey, feels weightless on the face, and gives a fresh faced appearance.  I would like this for any time of year, but I would make sure to use a primer in the summer since I am more oily then.  The finish is more dewy, but not to the extent of the CoverGirl Luminous foundation.  This just gives a nice healthy glow, without being too much for this oily girl.

Overall, I think it's a great foundation.  It's a good one to have on hand for days when you don't want or need total full coverage or are just running out the door quickly.  The only downside?  For $16 you only get .52 ounces (only slightly more than half the amount in a regular foundation) so you may run out faster than normal.  With this being on the pricier side for a drugstore foundation, there are other options if you didn't want to spend that much but I think it's is definitely worth a try, especially if you love dewy foundations!

Let me know what you thought of the True Match Lumi Cushion, what shade you are in the True Match line, and what other foundation or BB cushions you like!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Foundation Shade Comparisons:
MAC -- NC 20-25

MAC Studio Fix Powder -- NC30
Makeup Forever HD -- 130 Warm Ivory
Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation -- Light 48
Kat Von D Lock-It Powder Foundation -- Medium 52
Urban Decay Naked -- 3.0
Bare Minerals -- Medium Beige N20

Tarte Amazonian Clay  Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation -- Light-Medium Neutral
Sephora Collection Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation -- Light
Revlon Colorstay Combo/Oily -- Medium Beige 240
Revlon Colorstay Whipped -- Medium Beige 250
Neutrogena Healthy Skin -- Nude
Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear -- Nude 40
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation -- Nude 40

Maybelline Fit Me! Matte - Nude Beige 125
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse -- Nude (Light 4)
Maybelline Dream Smooth -- Nude Beige 180

Maybelline Dream Wonder -- Nude 40
L'Oréal Magic Nude -- Natural Buff 318
L'Oréal True Match -- N3 Natural Buff

L'Oréal True Match Lumi Cushion -- N2 Classic Ivory
CoverGirl Outlast Stay Luminous -- Buff Beige 825
CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 -- Nude Beige 832

No comments:

Post a Comment