Sunday, May 29, 2016

Avalon Organics Intense Defense Oil-Free Moisturizer

I've been on the hunt for a brightening lotion or moisturizer for my face, and when I saw this one at Target, I loved that it was an organic more natural product at a good price.

Avalon Organics Intense Defense Oil-Free Moisturizer
Claims from Amazon.com:
  • Lightweight cream rehydrates for improved texture & elasticity
  • Formulated with Vitamin C to combat environmental stress & damage
  • Contains organic ingredients
  • No GMOs, vegan & biodegradable
  • No parabens, harsh sulfates or preservatives, synthetic colors or fragrances, phthalates or animal testing
  • Restores & renews your complexion's clarity & vibrance by neutralizing free radicals that can result from sun damage
  • Weightless, rejuvenating oil-free moisturizer fortified with two powerful forms of vitamin C soothes oxidative stress for a firmer, healthy, youthful appearance
  • NSF/ANSI 305 certified, contains natural & organic ingredients
  • 100% vegetarian formula, no animal testing
  • NO: parabens, harsh preservatives, synthetic colors or fragrance, phthalates or harmful sulfates


  • Price: 10.92 [Amazon]
    Product Amount: 2 ounces

    This moisturizer has a light orange scent that's really pleasant.  It can sting a little if you get it too close to your eyes, but that's not surprising.  It comes in a plastic pot-style packaging, which isn't my favorite for hygienic reasons, but I can look past that for a great product.

    Avalon Organics Intense Defense Oil-Free Moisturizer

    The formula is oil-free, so I thought that would be better than the crème version of this product for my combo skin.  I assumed the texture would be similar to the Neutrogena Hydro-Boost Gel [review here], but instead it's more of a thick consistency which made it super hard to rub into my skin.  It was like trying to rub in sunscreen where you have white streaks that just take forever to rub into your skin.  Another thing I could've looked past if it had worked better. 

    Constancy of the moisturizer
    This moisturizer didn't hydrate as much as I would've liked.  My skin still had that tight feeling that you get just after washing.  I didn't see or feel enough results to make this purchase worth it.

    I wanted to loved this so much.   I loved that it was organic and cruelty free, but the negatives outweigh the positives on this one.  I'm going to finish off the jar, but I won't be repurchasing this one.

    My search for a good brightening/Vitamin C moisturizer continues...suggestions more than welcome below!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment