Wednesday, January 11, 2017

What I Wore in High School | Makeup Throwback to High School

I know many YouTubers are doing the "What Makeup I Wore in High School" tag, but KathleenLights was the first one I saw with this video tag on this topic and I thought the idea was so cute!

Here are the products I used in high school - which is when I started wearing makeup.  Keep in mind I went through high school in the late 90's and early 2000's so it was a lot of that grungy neutral brown lip.

- CoverGirl Clean Foundation and Powder
This was the first combo I used, but then found the Neutrogena which I liked better so I struck with that.

- Neutrogena SkinClearing Liquid Makeup Foundation in Toasted Honey (100)
I had super oily skin in high school (more so than I do now) and had breakouts as a result of it.  They weren't the worst breakouts by far, but enough that I was bothered by them.  This foundation helped a lot!  I wore this through college and its so light and has an almost cooling effect to it.  I had another shade that sometimes I would mix or use for the other season.

- Neutrogena SkinClearing Pressed Powder
This is now discontinued but replaced by Skin Clearing Mineral Powder.  Again, wore this through college and really loved that it wasn't super cakey.

- Neutrogena Soft Color Blush in Sweet Raisin
This was replaced by the Healthy Skin Custom Glow Blush & Bronzer Duo in Raisin Glow which I used too.  It was more shimmery than the original, but still a nice color.  They now have the Healthy Skin Blushes which are just a square pan of blush.

- Neutrogena Weightless Volume Wax-Free Mascara
Again, this is now discontinued but it came in a black tube and was super light weight and so pigmented, I loved it.  It didn't feel like anything on your lashes but made them stand out.  I naturally have pretty long lashes, so all I need is something to volumize them and make them stand out a bit more when I wear an eye look.  I wish they still made it.  Possibly my fave mascara...ever.

- Cover Girl Eye Slicks in Purple and Green

I was all about the purple eyeshadow since my eyes are a hazely-green color.  It was pretty much the only color I used I would bet.

Neutrogena Skin Clearing Makeup | CG Eyeslicks
© BeautyFreckled

- The Body Shop Eyeshadow Palette
My cousin bought this for me and it came in a red tin that had about four neutral and purple shadows, a few lip pans, and some matching brushes with a mixing palette in the lid.  This was used all the time.

- Bonne Bell Lip Smackers Vanilla Frosting Lip Gloss and Lip Smackers Lip Balm in Strawberry Kiwi Comet
It was the late 90's early 2000's...enough said.

- GAP Makeup Bag in Silver
It was a small rectangle similar to the small Sonia Kashuk bags.  I could fit my basic daily stuff in it: foundation, powder, blush, mascara.

- GAP Dream Perfume
I didn't realize they don't sell this anymore in the original GAP stores but I know they have it at their outlets so if you were a fan of any of the GAP scents check them out there.

- The Body Shop Spirit of Moonflower Perfume
This was about the time I became obsessed with The Body Shop and probably beauty products in general.  It also led to my Tea Tree obsession.

I was HUGE on lip glosses and lip balms and always had about five in my pocket or bag at a time.

I didn't wear eyeliner until college, and even mascara was later in high school I believe.

If you have been reading BeautyFreckled from the start you probably know I am a Neutrogena superfan and as you can see, I have been since back in my high school days.  I think their products are such good quality and I love that they are about the skincare behind the makeup and how they can have a dual purpose.  (Totally not sponsored and I am in no way affiliated with them - I wish!).

I hope you all enjoyed this trip down memory lane.  Comment below if you used any of these products and what YOUR high school favorites were!

No comments:

Post a Comment