Sunday, January 18, 2015

Skincare Sunday: Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream

Eye cream might be one of the most overlooked beauty and skincare items.  If you are moisturizing your face, why moisturize your eye area with a completely different product, right?  Why not save some time and skip the extra step?  Trust me, take the extra step and 30 seconds...try it for a week and tell me it doesn't feel different to you!  Read on for some my favorite eye cream, the claims, how I apply it...

I have been using eye cream for a few years now more as a preventative measure, plus as a treatment.  Let's be honest, I am 32...seeing the first sign of those little laugh lines is a bit scary the first time you realize they're there!  I tried a few different products (Mary Kay, Mark from Avon) and settled on the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream.


I am no stranger to Neutrogena and they're my go-to for drugstore skin care and cosmetics (hello, Neutrogena supahfan here) so trying this little guy seemed natural.  You only need a tiny dot - I am talking less than a dime-sized drop here (more a small pea) - for both eyes, and the tube lasts a super long time (0.5 oz / 15 g).  It makes my under eye area feel tightened up, less puffy, and look filled out and plumped - like I have less wrinkles!  I already have a back-up and will definitely keep using it.

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream {claims from their site}
  • Muti-Vitamin Treatment
  • Alpha-Hydroxy (to treat lines) & Melibiose (maintains firmness)
  • Proven to visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines around the eye area
  • Hypoallergenic & Fragrance Free
Price: $11.59 [Target]* Target also gives a $5 gift card if you buy 3 Neutro iteams thru 2/21

How I Apply:  I squeeze out a tiny dot onto my middle or ring finger,** tap the opposite ring finger into that (essentially halving it), and tap that bit onto that undereye and repeat on opposite eye.  I will also take what's left or a bit more and tap onto my outer corners, brow bone, and drag what's left onto my eyebrows to banish those little dry flakes that sometimes pop up during the winter months.

*Target also has the Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle System for $15.99 where you get this particular eye cream, the Fresh Foaming Cleanser and the Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Face Cream.  Considering just the eye cream alone is $11.59 this is a super deal!  I just ordered it so I can try the whole line together and will review that when I try it!
**Why the middle/ring finger?  Your undereye area is one of the most fragile areas of the skin so you want to tap using a less dominant finger so you don't drag the skin and make more wrinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment