Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Jordana 12 HR Made To Last Liquid Eyeliner Pencil

I have been trying different longwearing/waterproof eyeliners lately trying to find the best one for me.  I heard good things about the Jordana 12 HR Eyeliner, I picked it up on sale at Walgreens.

Jordana 12 HR Made To Last Liquid Eyeliner Pencil - claims from Jordana
• Intense, Instant Color Eyeliner that is Made to Last
• Smooth-Gliding Pencil For Precise Application
• Long-Lasting (Up to 12 hour wear)
• Water & Transfer Resistant

Available in 6 Shades, 0.04 oz/1.2g Price: $2.49 [Walgreens - on sale often]
I was not impressed with this pencil.  Being waterproof you would think this would be a good option for the waterline, but for me it was truly terrible.  It made my eyes super watery so everything just smudged and ran down underneath my eyes - forget about waterproof.  I even tried setting it with an eyeshadow and that didn't help at all. 

For regular lining, I found it very hard to get a thinner line as it didn't sharpen very well for me.  Every time I sharpened it, it never got a sharp point again.  It would just take the outer 'pencil shavings' away and create a dull stump of smushed, clumpy kohl.  Forget about trying to do a cat eye or flick at the end...no control.  This pencil is just too soft and doesn't hold up well at all.  I know kohl pencils are softer, but this one was just too soft and had no shape.

I am trying to use this liner up, but I really don't like it.  I would stick with just the upper lash line with this one and not mess with the waterline/tightline.  Considering I got it on sale for around two bucks, I might just toss it.  I'll stick with other liners, and love gels for that cat eye look much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment