Wednesday, July 1, 2015

CoverGirl Outlast Stay Luminous Natural Glow Foundation

CoverGirl Outlast Stay Luminous Natural Glow Foundation
From CoverGirl.com:
Outlast Stay Luminous Foundation’s oil-free, non-greasy formula gives your skin a natural luminosity that lasts all day!  Perfect for achieving radiant skin, this all day foundation hydrates skin while providing flawless coverage.

Shades: 7 Shades
Product Amount: 1 Fluid Ounce
Price: $11 [CVS]

My Shade: 825 Buff Beige

The CoverGirl Stay Luminous Foundation is a new foundation that is supposed to be a more dewy version of their Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation.  The 3-in-1 is a bit more matte and would probably be better for normal to oily skin types, versus the Stay Luminous which might be geared more towards Normal to Oily (kind of similar to how the Maybelline Fit Me! Foundation line is set up now - read my review of it here).  I haven't tried the CoverGirl 3-in-1 but after trying the Stay Luminous, I probably will.
The first time I put the Stay Luminous foundation, I wasn't sure how I felt about it.  I am a bit wary of luminous or dewy foundations as I have more oily skin and thought this made my skin look more shiny than it naturally is.  I used the e.l.f. Studio Mineral Infused Primer in Green underneath, and set it with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder hoping that would help, but still had a lot of shine around my nose.  I decided not to give up on it because many people with my skin type seemed to say this is one of the better dewy foundations for us oily folks.

The second and third time, I topped the Stay Luminous with the NYX Set It Don't Fret It Powder and the Revlon Colorstay Powder respectively (still with the e.l.f. primer under).  Each time I liked the foundation more.  The less powder I used, the more I liked this, which was the opposite of what I would've thought.  The Revlon powder looked best and the least cakey, in my opinion.  It set the foundation, didn't look too heavy or too much, and let enough of the dewy look through to have a beautiful summertime glow without looking greasy.

As for the claims, I agree with them.  This is definitely medium to full coverage, and covered everything including redness on my cheeks.  It photographed really well, and didn't look shiny or greasy in pictures.  Even in person, I think it looked great and not super heavy for being such good coverage.
I definitely could've used the next shade darker, Medium Beige 842, as this is just a teeny bit light, but I could use this shade to glow up my skin in the winter.  I am also going mix it with some matte foundations to make them look less flat.

Overall, the Cover Girl Outlast Stay Luminous isn't my Holy Grail, but it's growing on me each time I wear it.  I have mostly matte or satin/natural foundations, and I like having something that's different from my usual go-to foundations.  Not having many super dewy options probably was the reason I wasn't sure I liked the finish at first, but once I got used to that "inner glow," it definitely grew on me.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Foundation Shade Comparisons:
MAC -- NC 20-25

MAC Studio Fix Powder -- NC30
Makeup Forever HD -- 130 Warm Ivory
Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation -- Light 48
Kat Von D Lock-It Powder Foundation -- Medium 52
Urban Decay Naked -- 3.0
Bare Minerals -- Medium Beige N20
Revlon Colorstay Combo/Oily -- Medium Beige 240
Revlon Colorstay Whipped -- Medium Beige 250
Neutrogena Healthy Skin -- Nude
Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear -- Nude 40
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation -- Nude 40

Maybelline Fit Me! Matte - Nude Beige 125 (found.) / Buff Beige 130 (powder)
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse -- Nude (Light 4)
Maybelline Dream Smooth -- Nude Beige 180

Maybelline Dream Wonder -- Nude 40
L'Oreal Magic Nude -- Natural Buff 318
L'Oreal True Match -- N3 Natural Buff

CoverGirl Stay Luminous -- Buff Beige 825

No comments:

Post a Comment