Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Conair Xtreme Instant Heat™ Multisized Hot Rollers

I have pretty thick, but very straight hair so every once in a while I like to throw it in rollers to give it some oomph.  I am currently on my second set of rollers and I really like the second set even more than the first.  I believe the first were by Remington and had color coordinated clips to go with the different sized rollers.  Those lasted me high school and all the way through college and I only got this new set because I had broken so many of the clips (I realized now you can order more).

Conair Xtreme Instant Heat™ Multisized Hot Rollers - Claims from Conair site:
  • Fast Heat-up - 75 seconds
  • Dual heat comes from both the clip and the roller for extra hold
  • Ceramic technology – for better heat transfer and longer-lasting curls
  • 20 ceramic multi-sized rollers – for beautiful curls and volume
    • 8 jumbo rollers (1¼")
    • 6 large rollers (1")
    • 6 medium rollers (¾")
  • 20 heated clips
  • Stay-cool end rings
  • Ready dot
Price: $37.99 [Target]


These heat up really fast, which I love.  I don't always use the clip heater, because there are only three slots and it takes a while to constantly replace clips to heat before using them.  The only downside is that the clips can be a tad slippery.  The first set I had the clips held better, but left more of a dent in the curl, so everything comes at a price (the clips were this kind by Remington).  The Xtreme Instant Heat Rollers don't leave a noticeable dent.  If you have short hair, some of the sizes may be too big, but I do like the assortment and think the value of these is really good.
I leave the curlers in my hair for anywhere from 10 to 45 minutes.  My hair is super straight and doesn't hold a curl very long, so I keep them in longer if I want maximum hold and volume for a longer time.

Overall, I love that these heat up fast, have plenty of options on sizes, and give my hair a little extra volume.  You can tailor what you want by putting them in your hair slightly damp, or with some mousse, or with a shine spray depending on the look you are going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment