Wednesday, August 17, 2016

CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation | Foundation Review

This is a pretty raved about foundation for many in the beauty community so I decided to check it out.  I've already tried the CoverGirl Outlast Stay Luminous [read my full review here], so I was hoping the 3-in-1 would be a more matte version for my combo skin self.  Read on for more...

CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation
Claims from CoverGirl.com:
All-in-one foundation with a long-lasting formula that fuses primer, concealer, and foundation in one easy step! The 3-in-1 formula provides a flawless look that lasts all day long.

Price: $8.39 [Target]
Product Amount: 1 fluid ounce
Shade Range: 14 Shades
My Shade: 832 Nude Beige


I picked this up in 832 Nude Beige because the Stay Luminous in 825 Buff Beige was a bit light on me.  I'd say my perfect shade is more like these two mixed together (see more on that below*) but the 832 Nude Beige is fine in summer and just a tad dark in winter {shade comparisons are below as usual}.

The foundation comes in a glass bottle with a pump which is awesome.  It has SPF 20 and is a 3-in-1 formulation that includes primer, concealer, and foundation for an easy one-step application.  I've used this with and without primer and it was fine either way (I used this foundation during my Smashbox/e.l.f. Duel - read about that here).

I used the foundation with a light dusting of the CoverGirl Tru Powder over it which is an awesome powder and a tiny bit of Maybelline Fit Me Concealer under my eyes.  It did a great job covering any redness and slight acne scarring but felt super heavy on my skin.  

Wear Test: After about 7 hours it was oily and breaking down a bit around my nose, but nothing else wore off.  It just looked a bit cakey for my liking, felt heavy and looked it as well.  It looked okay from a distance, but the closer you look, the more dry, powdery, and cakey it looked.  If you have a lot to cover up, this may be better for you, but if you're looking for a more natural look, this isn't it.  The color also oxidized a bit, not to super orange, but definitely darker than when first applied.

Overall, I prefer the Revlon Colorstay as a full coverage drugstore foundation over this one any day (see my review here) and will stick with the Colorstay over this because it doesn't feel or look as heavy.  If I had to pick one between the Stay Luminous and Stay Fabulous, I almost preferred the Stay Luminous, which I never would've guess since I'm more combo to oily skinned.  This one simply didn't live up to the hype for me.

*I decided to try and mix the Stay Lumious and Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 to see what the results would be.  I mixed the 832 Nude Beige and 825 Buff Beige equally, and stippled it on with the Real Techniques Stippling Brush.  The color was on the light (and more pink) side when I first applied it, but definitely oxidized almost a full shade darker.  832 is definitely more yellow and 825 is more pink (I'm neutral leaning more yellow).  The finish was slightly dewy, but not too shiny or matte either.  Up close, you can definitely see the shimer/glitter from the Stay Luminous, which I didn't notice at first but I didn't love that aspect but you don't see it unless you're super close.  If I were wearing these foundations again, I'd definitely mix them together, or just wear the Stay Luminous alone in winter.

I used to wear the CoverGirl Clean makeup when I first started wearing makeup and loved it.  Maybe a 'Blast from the Past' makeup post/review is in order :)

A note on colors too: I'm pretty sure I was one of these colors in the Clean Collection (I believe 825 Buff Beige) so I'm not sure why neither matched me in this line, however, I read this happened to others too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Foundation Shade Comparisons:
MAC -- NC 20-25
MAC Studio Fix Powder -- NC30
Makeup Forever HD -- 130 Warm Ivory
Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation -- Light 48
Kat Von D Lock-It Powder Foundation -- Medium 52
Urban Decay Naked -- 3.0
Bare Minerals -- Medium Beige N20
Tarte Amazonian Clay  Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation -- Light-Medium Neutral
Sephora Collection Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation -- Light
Revlon Colorstay Combo/Oily -- Sand Beige 180 [winter] | Medium Beige 240 [summer]
Revlon Colorstay Whipped -- Medium Beige 250
Neutrogena Healthy Skin -- Nude
Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear -- Nude 40
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation -- Nude 40
Maybelline Fit Me! Matte - Nude Beige 125
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse -- Nude (Light 4)
Maybelline Dream Smooth -- Nude Beige 180
Maybelline Dream Wonder -- Nude 40
L'Oréal Magic Nude -- Natural Buff 318
L'Oréal True Match -- N3 Natural Buff
L'Oréal True Match Lumi Cushion -- N2 Classic Ivory
CoverGirl Outlast Stay Luminous -- Buff Beige 825
CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 -- Nude Beige 832

No comments:

Post a Comment