Saturday, April 8, 2017

e.l.f. Studio Flawless Finish Foundation SPF 15 | Foundation Review

Every beauty guru raves about the e.l.f. Flawless Finish Foundation and how it really does give a super flawless finish.  Well of course I had to check it out!  The first color I got, Buff, was too dark for me and looked a bit muddy, so I ordered the lighter shade, Sand, at Target and it's much more my winter shade {see my shade comparisons below}.

e.l.f. Flawless Finish Foundation SPF 15
From the e.l.f. site:
This full-coverage and oil-free formula blends in naturally for a beautiful semi-matte finish.
The foundation includes UVA/UVB SPF 15 sun protection to protect your skin.
Price: $6 [Target]
Amount: 0.68 ounces
Shades: 10 on e.l.f. website [6 at Target]
SPF: 15

This foundation reminded me a lot of the Rimmel 25H Foundation [see my full review here] in that it felt super heavy and weird at first before I learned you need to use a super light hand with it.  It's pretty full coverage right from the get go and easily gets overdone.

I found this is best applied with a damp beautyblender or Real Techniques sponge or even your fingers.  Both ways are much preferable over a brush (I used a Real Techniques foundation brush and didn't like it every time I applied it with that).


e.l.f. Studio Flawless Finish Foundation
Average drugstore foundations usually come with 1 fluid once.  For $6 you're getting a little bit less foundation than you normally would get, however, that's a huge deal because many drugstore foundations can run $8 upwards of $13.  Considering that, the price point isn't terrible.


e.l.f. Studio Flawless Finish Foundation

Wear Test:
I wore this for five to eight hours each time and I enjoyed the way it looked a lot.  I think it wore down nicely but wasn't breaking up or making me super oily.  The only dislike was that its a heavier feeling foundation - in that I can feel it on my skin more than other foundations.  The look of it makes up for that though and I will be keeping these around!

What Else is on My Face:
Elf Beautifully Bare Sheer Tint Finishing Powder - Fair/Light
NYX Blush - Dusty Rose
L'Oréal Telescopic Mascara - Blackest Black
I Envy by Kiss Wing it Gel Eyeliner with Stencil - Black (review coming soon)
Rimmel Stay Glossy Lipgloss - Blushing Belgraves


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Foundation Shade Comparisons:
MAC -- NC 20-25

MAC Studio Fix Powder -- NC30
Makeup Forever HD -- 130 Warm Ivory
Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation -- Light 48
Kat Von D Lock-It Powder Foundation -- Medium 52
Urban Decay Naked -- 3.0
Bare Minerals -- Medium Beige N20

Tarte Amazonian Clay  Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation -- Light-Medium Neutral
Sephora Collection Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation -- Light
Revlon Colorstay Combo/Oily -- Sand Beige 180 [winter] / Medium Beige 240 [summer]
Revlon Colorstay Whipped -- Medium Beige 250
Neutrogena Healthy Skin -- Nude
Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear -- Nude 40
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation -- Nude 40

Rimmel Long Lasting 25H Foundation -- Ivory 100 [winter] / Nude Beige 200 [summer]
Maybelline Fit Me! Matte - Nude Beige 125
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse -- Nude (Light 4)
Maybelline Dream Smooth -- Nude Beige 180

Maybelline Dream Wonder -- Nude 40
L'Oréal Magic Nude -- Natural Buff 318
L'Oréal True Match -- N3 Natural Buff

L'Oréal True Match Lumi Cushion -- N2 Classic Ivory

e.l.f. Studio Flawless Finish Foundation SPF 15 -- Sand [winter] / Buff [summer]
CoverGirl Outlast Stay Luminous -- Buff Beige 825
CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 -- Nude Beige 832

No comments:

Post a Comment