Friday, May 5, 2017

L.A. Girl Pro Coverage Liquid Foundation | Review & Wear Test

Everyone and their mom has been talking about the L.A. Girl Pro Coverage Foundation.  Any surprised I had to try it?

L.A. Girl Pro Coverage Liquid Foundation
Facts from the L.A. Girl site:
PRO.coverage high-definition long wear illuminating liquid foundation is ideal for a flawless looking, full coverage finish. Lightweight formula is comfortable for all day wear. Paraben free formula with added anti-oxidants helps hydrate and improve the skin's appearance. Now available to extend the color range even further, an innovative white foundation mixer to adjust and customize color.

Price: $7.17 [Amazon]
Amount: 0.95 Fluid Ounce
Shades: 16 Shades [too many to not have many darker shades though, boo]

So lets state the obvious and get that out of the way - the L.A. Girl Pro Coverage Foundation packaging is a dupe for the Makeup Forever HD and Ultra HD bottle.  I have the regular Makeup Forever HD but never tried the Ultra HD since I heard it wasn't great for oily skin types.  Both are supposed to give a pro flawless look, and the packaging is dead on for a dupe.  I'm not sure if the L.A. Girl is really supposed to be a 100% formula dupe, but both give a satin finish (neither matte nor dewy).  L.A. Girl also has skincare benefits built in to hydrate and improve skin's appearance.  It is also paraben free (amazing).

The line also has a White toned color which I think is pretty cool.  You can use it like the Cover FX drops to lighten a foundation you have which might be too dark.  Great for those foundations you buy online or in bad store lighting.  I actually might pick this up too since I have a lot of foundations in a summer and winter shade and see how it works!

The shade in Light is dead-on for me, so if you know you're in my shade range (NC 20 - as per usual, see all my other comparisons below) try this one out.  I used the Real Techniques Stippling Brush to apply this and it went on beautifully.  It's not fully dewy, but I would call it more of a satin finish and is medium coverage that's buildable.  I prefer a medium coverage with a satin finish so this foundation is perfect for me!

L.A. Girl Pro Foundation - Light
Wear Test:  I wore this for at least six to eight hours each time I tested it and it really held its weight.  It wasn't breaking down a lot and I didn't look greasy even without primer or setting spray.  This is definitely one of my top drugstore foundations now and has found its way into my eDiva foundation Drawer (which holds my faves and go-to's).  Powders I tried with it so far are the Maybelline Better Skin and Laura Mercier Loose Translucent Powder.

L.A. Girl Pro Foundation - Light
I also have the L.A. Girl Pro Concealer which is super amazing but I need to get it in a lighter shade.

What's On My Face
Maybelline Better Skin Powder - Nude Beige 25
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer - Light 20
Milani Baked Blush - Corallina
L’Oréal Telescopic - Black
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Foundation Shade Comparisons:
MAC -- NC 20-25

MAC Studio Fix Powder -- NC30
Makeup Forever HD -- 130 Warm Ivory
Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation -- Light 48
Kat Von D Lock-It Powder Foundation -- Medium 52
Urban Decay Naked -- 3.0
Bare Minerals -- Medium Beige N20

Tarte Amazonian Clay  Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation -- Light-Medium Neutral
Sephora Collection Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation -- Light
Revlon Colorstay Combo/Oily -- Sand Beige 180 [winter] / Medium Beige 240 [summer]
Revlon Colorstay Whipped -- Medium Beige 250
Neutrogena Healthy Skin -- Nude
Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear -- Nude 40
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation -- Nude 40

L.A. Girl Pro Coverage Liquid Foundation - Light
Rimmel Long Lasting 25H Foundation -- Ivory 100 [winter] / Nude Beige 200 [summer]
Maybelline Fit Me! Matte - Nude Beige 125
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse -- Nude (Light 4)
Maybelline Dream Smooth -- Nude Beige 180

Maybelline Dream Wonder -- Nude 40
L'Oréal Magic Nude -- Natural Buff 318
L'Oréal True Match -- N3 Natural Buff

L'Oréal True Match Lumi Cushion -- N2 Classic Ivory

e.l.f. Studio Flawless Finish Foundation SPF 15 -- Sand [winter] / Buff [summer]
CoverGirl Outlast Stay Luminous -- Buff Beige 825
CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 -- Nude Beige 832

No comments:

Post a Comment