Tuesday, May 5, 2015

March/April 2015 Favorites

I missed my March Favorites so I combined them with April 2015.  Here are my quick rundowns of the products I loved in March and April.



Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation in Light
This is supposedly a dupe for the Dior Airflash.  I haven't tried the Airflash, but would love to someday.  The Sephora Airbrush is a bargain at $28 vs $62 for Dior Airflash and holy cow, does the Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation make your face look flaaaawless.
 
Revlon Colorstay Makeup - Normal to Oily - Medium Beige (summer) / Sand Beige (winter) {Buff is a match for lighter NC20's, but these two look the best on me}.
This is a tried and true foundation that I will always have in my rotation.  You know you can count on it to look great at a drugstore price and last a long time.  I use it with the Colorstay Powder in Light/Medium and the Photoready Concealer in Light.

NYX Baked Powder Blush in Wanderlust
This leaves a gorgeous glow on your cheeks in a light pink/coral color.  I don't like heavy or too pink blushes and this is perfect.
 
If I use colorful eyeshadows, I usually lean towards purple tones because I wear a lot of purples and blues.  When I saw this palette I knew it was right up my ally!  The colors are right on and the pans are huge and will last a long time.  Kat von D does a really nice job with her makeup.  Everything is pigmented so well and the palettes are always a really great value.
 
Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadows in Bella Charcoal, Bella Espresso, Bella Taupe
These eye shadows are quickly becoming my favorite drugstore shadows...hands down.  Milani in general is becoming my top drugstore brand.  These shadows have great pigmentation, plus they have any color you could possibly need or want.

Milani Color Statement Moisture Matte Lipsticks - Matte Orchid and Matte Confident
Matte, but moisturizing?  Seem like an oxymoron?  Yet they are both, I promise!
 
Multi-Tasking Brush (in the Travel Essentials Set) - great powder brush!
Setting Brush - awesome size for setting under eye concealer.
{See my full review of all the Real Techniques brushes I have here}

My hands get super dry and crack a lot in the winter time and this is a lifesaver!  I slather it on and wear cotton gloves at night to let it sink it without getting it all over my sheets.
 
Other 'Non-Beauty' Faves:
Old Navy Active Go-Dry Compression Capris in Blue
It's not quite warm enough for shorts everyday here, but when I work out I don't like wearing long pants either.  I do pilates/yoga, ride inside on a spin bike, or do weight training.  These keep me warm enough without getting caught up in the bike or under my feet if I am barefoot doing yoga or pilates.  Great quality and affordable.
 
The Best of Tamilee Buns, Abs & Arms Workout DVD
Workout like it's 1997!  This DVD is quick and easy and all you need is weights and a mat!  The segments are only 15 minutes each but you'll definitely feel the burn.  I love doing the Abs & Arms workout back to back on days I don't ride my bike (cardio).  I do them 2-3 times a week and have seen results really quickly, especially on the arms segment.

No comments:

Post a Comment