Saturday, May 9, 2015

Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation

I've been happy with Maybelline products lately, so I bought the Dream Liquid Mousse in Nude Beige, Light 3.5.  As usual, my foundation comparisons will be below.

Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation
Claims from Maybelline.com:
  • 100% PORELESS SKIN
  • AIR-BRUSHED PERFECTION
  • Ideal for Normal Skin
  • Air-whipped liquid provides perfecting coverage for 100% poreless skin
  • Ideal for normal skin
  • Oil-free, fragrance-free,  Dermatologist-tested, allergy-tested, non-comedogenic – won’t clog pores, safe for sensitive skin
  • For Best Results: Apply smoothly and evenly to your face and blend with your fingertips.
Product Amount: 1 fluid ounce
Shade Range: 12 Shades, not great dark shades available
Price: $7.70 [Target]


This reminds me of a more liquid form of the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse (see my review and duel here).  I only needed two pumps to cover my whole face, and buffed it in with the Real Techniques buffing brush.  The coverage is very good.  I would definitely say this is medium to full coverage right from the get-go, no building up is necessary.

Even without powder, this does give an airbrushed texture that makes your skin look flawless.  It's weightless with no heavy makeup feel on the skin.  With powder, you can definitely tell it's foundation (it's not a second-skin natural look), but it's a perfecting layer that's very pretty.

The downside - this comes off slightly shiny and oily, even if I set it with powder.  It's shiny right from the start, not from my skin being oily as the day goes on.  I used the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Sandstorm and it took away some it, but still had some shine around my nose.  I can understand a bit of shine after a few hours but this one gives an oily cast right away.  Maybe it would be better on dry skin and would give a more dewy look.

I liked the airbrushed finish from a few feet away, but close up the sheen isn't the best cast on my skin.  I probably wouldn't repurchase this one.


**What's on My Face**
Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse -- Nude Beige, Light 3.5
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder -- Sandstorm
Milani Baked Blush -- Corallina
Maybelline Ulta Liner (reviewed here)
L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara -- Waterproof, Blackest Black
L.A. Girl Lip Paint -- Peony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Foundation Shade Comparisons:
MAC -- NC 20-25

MAC Studio Fix Powder -- NC30
Makeup Forever HD -- 130 Warm Ivory
Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation -- Light 48
Kat Von D Lock-It Powder Foundation -- Medium 52
Urban Decay Naked -- 3.0
Bare Minerals -- Medium Beige N20
Revlon Colorstay Combo/Oily -- Medium Beige 240
Revlon Colorstay Whipped -- Medium Beige 250
Neutrogena Healthy Skin -- Nude
Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear -- Nude 40
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation -- Nude 40

Maybelline Fit Me! Matte - Nude Beige 125 (found.) / Buff Beige 130 (powder)
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse -- Nude (Light 4)
Maybelline Dream Smooth -- Nude Beige 180

Maybelline Dream Wonder -- Nude 40
L'Oreal Magic Nude -- Natural Buff 318
L'Oreal True Match -- N3 Natural Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment