Sunday, August 10, 2014

Duel: Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse v. Dream Matte Mousse

I have been hearing about the Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse for a while now and have been meaning to pick one up to give it a try.  When I finally went out to buy it, my brain happened to erase the word Smooth.  For some reason the Dream Matte Mousse seemed to be what I saw everywhere, so that's what I bought.  Then watching a review one day I wondered why my pot looked different.  Oh.  That little word Smooth makes it an entirely different foundation.  So that brings us to today's post...a duel!

The Duel: Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse v. Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse.

Dream Matte: Normal to Oily Skin, 12 shades
Dream Matte has double the shade range of Dream Smooth, so it would be easier to find a perfect match.  I bought this one first and in shade Nude (Light 4) at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Dream Matte*

I applied Dream Matte with my fingers and it's a light, fluffy, whipped texture that glides right onto skin.  I actually forgot I was wearing makeup because it was so light, even hours later!  It stayed matte, even without powder, and I wouldn't even use powder with this foundation because it almost has a powder look already to it once it's on.

Dream Smooth: Normal to Dry Skin, Hydrates for 14 Hours, 6 Shades
This one seems not as readily available as the Dream Matte.  I bought shade Nude Beige 180 based off my shade (Nude) in Dream Matte at Target.

Dream Smooth*
 
I can definitely see why they call it Dream SMOOTH because that's exactly how it feels!  It has great medium coverage and feels extremely weightless.  I applied it with the sponge that's housed in it's lid, and it glides right on.  Another day where I felt like I had no makeup on.

WINNER:  TIE!  Both these foundations apply beautifully and are great lightweight foundations, especially for summer.  I love the flawless finishes and easy to travel packaging.  Both give a 'My skin...just better" look and feel.  If I had to pick, I would say the Dream Matte looked slightly better on me, but that may be because I have an oily/combo skin type.  It was really so close though, and I will be keeping both in my foundation cycle.

*For the pictures, all I have on is the foundation and the L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Waterproof Mascara in Blackest Black.  I didn't want to add anything else to distract from how the foundations looked.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Foundation Shade Comparisons:
MAC -- NC 20-25
Makeup Forever HD -- 117-118
Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation -- Light 48
Kat Von D Lock-It Powder Foundation -- Medium 52
Urban Decay Naked -- 3.0
Bare Minerals -- Medium Beige
Revlon Colorstay Combo/Oily -- Medium Beige 240
Revlon Colorstay Whipped -- Medium Beige 250
Neutrogena Healthy Skin -- Nude
Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear -- Nude 40
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers -- Nude 40
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse -- Nude (Light 4)
Maybelline Dream Smooth -- Nude Beige 180
L'Oreal Magic Nude -- Natural Buff 318
L'Oreal True Match -- N3

No comments:

Post a Comment