Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear Foundation Makeup Review

Neutrogena as a brand has been a long time love of mine.  When I started wearing makeup I used the Cover Girl Clean Foundation then quickly found the Neutrogena Skin Clearing Foundation.  I used the Neutrogena foundation from when I started wearing makeup regularly (Sophomore/Junior year in high school) , and through college.  I love that Neutrogena offers great coverage but doesn't feel super heavy or clog your pres.

So with a love for Neutrogena already in place, I knew I had to try the new Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear Foundation Makeup.  I picked it up in the shade Nude 40 at Target since Cartwheel had an extra 10% off (plus if you use your Red Card, another 5% off).


Claims from Neutrogena:
- Lasts 12 Hours (Resists Heat and Humidity)
- Erases Skin Imperfections
- Tone Correcting Complex: nourishing antioxidants, soy, Vitamins A, C, E, and light diffusing powders
- Improve Skin Tone and Texture in 4 Weeks

I would say the downside is that there is only 8 shades (ivory through dark beige range).

Swatch of Nude 40
 
Wear Test for the Foundation!

I did a wear test on this on Saturday and wore it for about 10-11 hours.  I didn't set it with a powder like I normally would because I wanted an honest opinion of what the staying power was going to be like without it.  I have to say, for having combo/oily skin, the only thing shiny on me after the 10-11 hours was my nose and that's pretty impressive!  Nothing came sliding off or looked shiny elsewise.

The coverage is really good!  It covered all my little marks I wanted covered but didn't look cakey or like too much coverage either.  I would call this full coverage, but doesn't feel like it, in a good way!

The closest thing I can compare it to is the Revlon Colorstay (I have the Combination/Oily Skin Foundation in Medium Beige-240).  It's very thick like the Colorstay and stays put for a long time.  I wore this in about low 80 degree heat and in and out of places so I would say it holds up pretty well to it's claim.

I will definitely keep this in my foundation rotation!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Foundation Shade Comparisons:
MAC -- NC 20-25
Makeup Forever HD -- 117-118
Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation -- Light 48
Kat Von D Lock-It Powder Foundation -- Medium 52
Urban Decay Naked -- 3.0
Bare Minerals -- Medium Beige
Revlon Colorstay Combo/Oily -- Medium Beige 240
Revlon Colorstay Whipped -- Medium Beige 250
Neutrogena Healthy Skin -- Nude
Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear -- Nude 40
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers -- Nude 40
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse -- Nude (Light 4)
Maybelline Dream Smooth -- Nude Beige 180
L'Oreal Magic Nude -- Natural Buff 318
L'Oreal True Match -- N3

No comments:

Post a Comment