Sunday, August 3, 2014

Skincare Routine

Welcome to Skincare Sunday!  I will update my skincare routine as I change products.  I will also do some separate reviews and mask routines.

Part of a friend's New Year's Resolution was to take better care of her skin.  I had never thought of making this a resolution but she was totally on to something.  I definitely need to make this a mid-year resolution.

When I was working full-time, it was a lot easier for me to get into a routine with my skincare.  I would shower in the morning, then moisturize my face and body right after I got out.  Now that I am a stay-at-home mommy, it's harder to get into a routine.  It seems making the baby breakfast comes before washing my face, then so do a million other things.  I also shower in the afternoon or evening during the week so I am a bit backwards of what I used to do.

So, back to the resolution board I go - better late than never.  I put a pump bottle of the Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser by my toothbrush to remind myself to wash and moisturize my face when I brush my teeth (no excuses!).  The Neutrogena Pore Refining Exfoliating Cleanser is in the shower for when I shower at night.  Both lotions are in the linen closet so I can use them right after doing my face.

I usually use a mask at least once a week to control the oily parts of my skin.  The Microdermabrasion wand stays in my shower and I will use that once a week as well to exfoliate.

So here's the current rundown of my skincare routine:

Morning:
Aveeno Positively Radiant Brightening Cleanser
Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer - SPF 15


Evening:
Neutrogena Pore Refining Exfoliating Cleanser
Neutrogena Pore Refining Daily Cleanser
Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion - SPF 15
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream



Masks:
Freeman Avocado & Oatmeal Mask
Freeman Charcoal & Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask


Other:
Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System
Up & Up Blackhead Facial Scrub (Target brand of Clean & Clear Blackhead Eraser)

 

When I run out of the Aveeno, I will probably make the Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleansers my morning routine.  I want to try the Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Night Moisturizer to get some retinol back into my facial care.  I used to use the Retin-A Micro for acne and it really evened out my skin tone.  Plus retinol helps as an anti-wrinkle treatment, so it's great to get started early!

What skincare products do you guys love?  I want to try a sheet mask so let me know below your favorite kinds!

No comments:

Post a Comment