Saturday, May 2, 2015

Real Technniques Brushes

I have ordered a few Real Techniques Brushes from Target recently and have been loving them.  They seem to be less expensive on the Target site than at Ulta or Bed Bath & Beyond (even with coupons).  Plus you get the extra 5% off with the Target REDCard.

If you want to learn more about Real Techniques brushes, you can visit their website here.  Real Techniques was founded by Sam and Nic Chapman, the Pixiwoo sisters on YouTube.  The brushes have hand-cut bristles and are cruelty free.  They are high quality brushes at an affordable price.

Real Techniques Travel Essentials Set - $11.59, Target


From RealTechniques.com:
Everything you need to create flawless looks at home and away:

  • Essential Foundation Brush: Build flawless custom coverage with liquid foundation or concealer
  • Multi Task Brush: for effortless application of powder, blush, and bronzer
  • Domed Shadow Brush: tapered design smoothly shades and defines eyes
  • Panoramic brush case is a 2-in-1 case + stand
I bought this set pretty much because of the raves over the Multi Task Brush.  I use it for setting my all-over face powder.  It's extra fluffy and dense, and does an amazing job.  I prefer putting on my foundation with a domed brush or sponge, so I use the foundation brush included for my under eye concealer, then set it with the setting brush (mentioned below).  One can never have too many shadow brushes (in case some are dirty, or for blending).  This little guy is a dense dome brush great for packing on shadow all over the lid or blending in the crease.


This small little brush is PERFECT for setting under eye concealer.  The size is just right for getting powder right where you want it, either under eyes or on a small pimple or some other mark you are trying to cover.  Sometimes you don't want to powder your whole face so this is great for setting concealer and your t-zone area.

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush - $6.79, Target


This brush is great for buffing in foundation.  It would work great with liquid or powder/mineral foundations.  I have only tried it with liquid but its so dense it reminds me of the bareMinerals Kabuki Brush but not as scratchy and with a full handle.  It blends in my foundation beautifully.

Originally, when I was scoping out Real Techniques, I was going to get the Miracle Complexion Sponge ($4.99, Target) instead of the BeautyBlender.  However, I couldn't get my hands on it because it kept going out of stock.  I had placed my order and checked out, but they cancelled the sponge off my order because it was so backordered.  I also want to eventually get the Powder and Blush brushes.

These brushes are fantastic!  I can't believe they are so reasonably priced.  The quality is much better than the elf brushes I have and use, and the price point is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment