Monday, July 14, 2014

False Lashes

False or Fake Lashes are the newest item in my beauty repertoire.  I had seen a bunch of beauty tutorials on YouTube that had lashes as part of the look and never really thought about using them myself until I was in a wedding recently and wanted my eye look to stand out in photos.

I naturally have pretty decent length (tough problem to have, right?).  In fact, I never even wore mascara until I was in college, because I thought I didn't need it.  Little did I realize your lashes tend to get a little bit lost if you're wearing a full eye look.  Which is the same reason to wear falsies!

The first set I bought were the Eylure Naturalites in Super Full (100).  These lashes are just that...SUPER Full.  These came in a kit that came with an eyelash placer tool and a small tube of lash glue.


The second set of lashes I picked up are the Ardell Naturals 109.  These ones are much lighter and more natural for everyday or to beef up your lashes for an event.  I wore them for a wedding (the same wedding I used the Gel Envy for in this post) and they really made my eyes stand out more for photography.  I had the makeup artist apply them for me since she did my eye makeup, then I tried them myself at home later.



Here's a quick rundown of how I apply them:
1. Measure lashes against your own. Trim as necessary.
2. Apply thin layer of glue on lash band.  Let it get tacky for about 10-15 seconds.
3. Using tweezers, place the lashes as close to your natural lashes as possible, lining up the end of the band to the end of your lashes as a guide.
4. Adjust outer corner, then inner corner, using tweezers.
5. Repeat for other eye.

TIPS:
*Line your eyes at least on the top before placing the lashes.  This hides the lash band.  I used gel liner.
*Use tweezers to place them on and lift/line up the corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment