Monday, July 28, 2014

Sephora + Pantone Color IQ

I wanted to go into a bit more detail about the Sephora + Pantone Color IQ system after my Sephora Haul post...

The Color IQ system premiered in select Sephora stores and is now available Sephora-wide, so check them out at your local Sephora!

Purpose:  to make finding your perfect match easier.

How it Works: A Sephora associate takes pictures in three different places on your face (I believe mine were forehead, cheek, chin) with a little device that looks like a light meter.  Your Color IQ number is pulled up on an iPad along with foundation matches.  The Color IQ number and matches are emailed right to you for future reference. 

I originally got matched in late 2013 when I went to pick up my free birthday gift, so my skin was definitely in winter mode!  My number match was 2Y06.

That day I wanted to get the Makeup Forever HD foundation so I had the associate test match the shade that the Color IQ suggested - 118 Flesh.  Being that it was winter, 117 Marble ended up looking slightly better on me.  Since I am in my summer skin now, I tested 118 Flesh and 120 Soft Sand in the store the other day and both looked good (120 is yellow undertone like 117.  I am a neutral undertone but leaning towards yellow so that might be why 117 looked good.).
MUFE HD in 117


All in all, I would definitely recommend getting a Color IQ match!  You can save your results to your Sephora account so you don't forget.  You can also go here to do a reverse foundation search to see what numbers are matches to foundations you're already wearing.  I added 2Y06 as well as 3Y03 which is the skin IQ match for MUFE HD 117.  Color IQ gives you a better starting point than you would normally have going in and testing a bunch of random foundations. 

I have put my foundation comparisons below in case that will help anyone as well!
Happy Foundation Hunting!

--------------------------------------------------
My Foundation Shade Comparisons:
MAC -- NC 20-25
Makeup Forever HD -- 117-118
Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation -- Light 48
Kat Von D Lock-It Powder Foundation -- Medium 52
Urban Decay Naked -- 3.0
Bare Minerals -- Medium Beige
Revlon Colorstay Combo/Oily -- Medium Beige 240
Revlon Colorstay Whipped -- Medium Beige 250
Neutrogena Healthy Skin -- Nude
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers -- Nude 40
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse -- Nude (Light 4)
Maybelline Dream Smooth -- Nude Beige 180
L'Oreal Magic Nude -- Natural Buff 318
L'Oreal True Match -- N3

No comments:

Post a Comment