Thursday, March 12, 2015

Sephora Collection Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation

I've been hearing such good things about this Airbrush foundation from Sephora I just had to try it!
 
Sephora Collection Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation
From Sephora.com
  • Airbrush foundation with an ultrafine mist for flawless makeup results at home
  • Blurs imperfections seamlessly and controls shine for up to 10 hours with a satin-finish
  • Weightless, micro-fine pigments of InstaBlend technology ensure color lays down smooth and seamless
  • Buildable coverage level—from light to full—for a flawless look every time
  • Mineral-rich red algae extract protects the skin from environmental stresses and helps smooth the skin for a soft-focus, airbrushed finish that lasts
  • Oil-free, noncomedogenic, and dermatologist-tested
  • Formulated without Parabens, Sulfates, and Phthalates
Shades: 9 Shades [There used to be less - around 5]
Size: 2.5 oz
Price: $28 [Available at Sephora]


Sephora Airbrush Foundation -- Light

I have been reading rave reviews about this foundation for a long time, and was wondering what all the fuss was about.  I know Sephora brand makes some pretty good items, but for $28 you could go for a lot of other "name brand" higher items at Sephora or Ulta.  All the positive reviews must have meant something so I decided to give it a try.  I bought the foundation in the shade 'Light' and a Beauty Blender at the same time because people seem to like using the two together. 

Instructions: Shake the can for about five seconds, use some sort of hairband to protect the spray from getting in it (I use this one), and spray in small circles all over face holding can ten inches from your face.  Immediately stipple into face with a wet beauty blender.  You can also use a brush to buff it in instead of the Beauty Blender.  You can build coverage by going over areas again either by spraying directly on your face or on a sponge or brush then spot concealing where you need a bit more coverage.

This foundation looked so great.  I had airbrushed makeup for my wedding, and this looks almost just as good as a professionally airbrushed makeup.  It makes my skin look perfect and not cakey one bit.  I only set my undereye area with powder, where I used concealer, and that's the only place I looked slightly cakey.  I think I could've skipped concealer altogether and just stippled more foundation there instead.

I don't think I got too shiny.  The only area was maybe my nose, but compared to other foundations this held back my shiny t-zone area very well.

The only downside I've heard, is this tends to run out pretty quickly if you use it daily.  The average foundation is usually one fluid ounce but since you are spraying this, you have less control about how much you're using at a time.  Because of this, I would use this for more special occasions or on the weekend.

I will definitely be buying this foundation again and think it's great for special events and pictures.

Sephora Airbrush Foundation -- Light
 

No comments:

Post a Comment