Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Skincare Sunday: Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser

Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser
Claims from Neutrogena.com:
  • Cleanser and makeup remover in one
  • Effectively removes dirt, oil and makeup
  • Removes eye makeup, without soaps or oils that can sting or irritate the sensitive eye area
  • Soap-free, Oil-free, Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores), Hypoallergenic, Dermatologist Tested
Size: 6.7 fluid oz
Price: $4.99 {Target -- I bought this as part of the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle System - you essentially get the cleanser for free if you add up how much the items cost separately.}



This cleanser reminds me a bit of the Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash {read my full review here} in that this doesn't leave your face feeling dry and tight.  This would be great if you have normal to dry skin.  Since I have combination to oily skin, this just wasn't enough for me.  I prefer something just slightly stronger than the Fresh Foaming Cleanser that leaves me feeling a little more clean and tightened up in my pores.

As for the 'makeup remover' claim, I don't think it removed any more makeup than any other face wash.  I prefer to use a makeup wipe to make sure I get everything out of my pores before washing my face, but I skipped the wipe just so I could see how the cleanser measured up.  It got most makeup off, just not all my eye makeup and anything waterproof like eyeliner or mascara.

Overall, this is a good cleanser.  It just isn't my holy grail (HG) or the perfect cleanser for me.  If you have more normal or dry skin, this would probably be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment