Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Sonia Kashuk Radiant Tinted Moisturizer With SPF 15

I have been searching for a great drugstore tinted moisturizer.  Sonia Kashuk is a raved about brand sold exclusively at Target, so I picked this up in the second lightest shade, Linen [24].  The brushes and makeup remover are fan favorites, so I was hoping this would be great.  I have her travel blush brush and love it.




First off, the claims from Target.com...
Sonia Kashuk Radiant Tinted Moisturizer With SPF 15

  • Sheer lightweight formula in place of foundation for aatural healthy glowing complexion
  • Infused with a vitamin complex that helps stimulate collagen production to keep skin cells looking stronger and younger
  • SPF 15 to prevent future sun damage
  • Won awards in April 2014 and November 2012

Price: $13.69 [Target] - 1.75 fl oz

The color Linen was unfortunately was too pale for me, making me look much paler and almost sickly.  Beige or Honey would've definitely been a better color choice for me, however, I hated the texture so much, I probably won't be exchanging this for a better shade.

This formula is so thick that it was hard to spread over my face.  It almost seemed to skip over spots because it wasn't spreadable or fluid enough.  I went over my face twice, hoping for a bit more coverage on the bare patches.  The result looked more like foundation than anything else, but not even a great foundation.  It made me look all one tone, but in a bad way.  In my mind, a tinted moisturizer would let my freckles show through a little bit, and just even out my skin tone while also giving my skin some moisture and a little protective SPF.  I am starting to think that tinted moisturizers are putting more emphasis on the tint than the moisture and this one definitely lacked moisture.

When this product was in it's previous incarnation (the white bottle) people seemed to like the formula better.  I never tried it when it was in it's previous packaging, but I can understand why people wouldn't like this formulation.  It was a big miss for me.  I definitely don't hold this against the brand though, and I will be trying more products from Sonia Kashuk!

No comments:

Post a Comment